Darker Than Black - A New Generation

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Darker Than Black - A New Generation

Post  Maretothebear on 10/24/2011, 11:06 pm

Jacklyn looked between them again and made her decision quickly. "Before tonight, before I met either of you, I didn't need protection against the forces in this world. I was not sought out to be killed or tortured since I escaped a year ago. Richard, I choose to accept your offer but I will have you sleep also. None of this protecting me business. I chose to follow you not as a helpless puppy, but an equal." She tried to smile, biting back all the strange emotions that came to her in the past few minutes. "Xiavior, I'm sorry I threw you off the building, as I'm sorry to decline your offer." She continued walking, waiting to follow Richard to the destination he had in mind.
Maretothebear
Admin

View user profile http://whenauthorscollide.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 10/24/2011, 11:09 pm

Richard gave a heavy sigh growing tired of this game and turned away for he had no desire to be part of the same group of Xiavier he had no time for these games for idiots he knew his next destination he could only hope in his mind Jacklyn would still be with him and only her. He knew this could happen and should just kill the boy but he didnt wanna waste his full skill on him not while Syndicate was in this area not while he still had chances to avenge his father this to him was far more important than the immaturity. He looked behind himself at JAcklyn with a small grin again that showed most of his teeth. "Then what are ya waiting for? IUts this way you silly girl." He shouted back toward her.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 10/24/2011, 11:14 pm

Xavier sighed, "Well, the offer stands if something happens. He continued walking towards his house digging his nails into his wrists,speaking softly so that nobody could hear. "I never fit in, i ruin everything." He walked into his door, took his sword off his waist, and hung it up on the coat hook, plopped down on the couch and laid his head back on the arm of the couch, put a pillow over his mouth, bit it and screamed. He had a thought...Jacklyn can read minds, i wonder.... and so he thought as hard as he could, "Jacklyn, your beauty trapped me, ive fallen in love with you. Please....please come find me. Tell me when you need me, and ill be there to help."
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 10/24/2011, 11:52 pm

Jacklyn followed Richard watching Xiavior walk off out of the corner of her eye. She refused to try and tap into his mind. Her heart seemed to be opening to those around her and now was not the time for sorrow to take over. She concentrated on everything else until she felt it was safe to let her guard down. She realized her mistake only after it was too late. Xiaviors passionate thoughts broke through her mind like a floodgate sending her to her knees as they powerfully echoed through her mind. She spoke out needing it to stop."Xiavior stop please, I can't take it, too much, so much pressure". She tried with all her strength to barrier her mind and regain herself before Richard thought something was strange or that she was weak. She sat there a prisoner to this wave of his emotions, helplessly waiting for it to pass.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Suspicious Rice on 10/25/2011, 1:45 am

Soon after the encounter with Kidd, and with him running out, Samantha (Abby) goes home. I lay down in my bed tiredly, hoping to catch a break from this crazy day. I hear a knock on my door, and I quickly stand up to go see who it is. I look through the peephole, and see a man in casual clothing, wearing a red polo with regular black boot-cut jeans. I open the door, and say: "Hello! How can I help you?" The man does not look at me. Instead, he keeps his head down, the top of his cat covering his face in mystery. "TK-106." The man says. I laugh. "Don't remember the last time anyone's ever called me by my star messier number..." I say. I then stop and stare at him, gesturing my hands, signalling him to continue his sentence. "The Syndicate saw the newscast." He says. I then turn around.
"And now what are they going to do? Kill me?" I say.
"That would be the most rational choice, however, they want you to complete another mission, one that will wipe your slate clean in the eyes of our superiors." I then turn back around the face the man. The Syndicate sparing me? The thought of it shocked my mind.
"You have orders to assassinate a man, a human, named Richard. He's been quite a pest to the Syndicate. Been killing off some of our best agents." A human? Killing contractors? The thought of it boggled my mind.
"The Syndicate expects results. Don't fail us again, TK-106. Or the consequences will be severe." He then walks down the stairs of my apartment. I slam the door shut, as if I was spacing myself between the outside world.
I then catch Yai, staring at me.
"Don't fail." She says.
"Yeah, yeah... Go get some sleep..." I say back to her. I then sit back down on my bed, hoping to get some good rest before the mission. I stare at the ceiling fan, the sight of its blades circulating making me drowsy. Before I know it, I fall into a peaceful slumber.

Suspicious Rice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 10/25/2011, 8:37 am

Richard quickly turned to see Jacklyn was on her knees in the ground and wandered what happened if something hit her and worry overcame him as Richard rushed to her side throwing an arm around her shoulders to steady her. "Jacklyn whats wrong? You're not hurt are you?" He asked looking from side to side trying to see if there was any danger he didn't want to see Jacklyn injured or lose her a disadvantage with friendship he knew and he cursed under his breath whatever was doing this to her.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 10/25/2011, 7:49 pm

Xavier cringed, he didnt think she could speak back to him. Calmly he thought, "Just please come and find me. Come alone. I...I need to talk to you." He opened his eyes and decided to unlock the door. He grabbed his sword and walked into his bedroom and leaned the sword against the wall next to his bed within reach if he needed it in the night. He laid down on his bed on top of the blankets and closed his eyes. "The doors open" He thought before he fell asleep.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 10/25/2011, 11:50 pm

Jacklyn pushed back against the strength of the thoughts being pushed toward her by Xiavior. She'd never been struck with such a thought process without asking for it. She felt Richard's strong arm around her shoulders, steadying her. At last Xiavior's thoughts relaxed and her mind embraced cold hard silence for a moment. Then, she stood up with Richard's help, and faced him, pale as a ghost. "I'm so sorry" she said in a hoarse voice. "His thoughts, they, I don't know, they slammed into my mind. He wants me to find him for some reason. I won't go, this is my mission now."
She walked forward motioning for Richard to lead the way again as she tried to gather her thoughts. "Won't happen again I hope" she whispered trying not to shake with fear of this new problem.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Suspicious Rice on 10/27/2011, 1:07 am

The next day, I awake my eyes to see the radiant gleam of the sun in my face. This pleasure would not last long, however. So I decided to enjoy it while I could. I thought about the mission, this Richard guy, and the Syndicate's decision to spare me. What if I failed this mission? Would I be executed? Who would take care of Yai? Would they kill her as well? I clench my fist, knowing that I wouldn't fail this mission. I then get up, open the drawers which contain my daggers, and as well as my bullet proof coat. I put it on, and strap 6 daggers onto me. Four in my belt, and two concealed in my coat. "I'm ready..." I say to myself. I go into the kitchen to eat some left over grub before leaving, meeting Yai blankly staring off out the window my the dining table. "Locate Richard." I say in a demanding tone. "And make sure to make your observer spirit more concealed." She nods and presses on the glass table, hoping to find Richard.
"Found him." She said.

Suspicious Rice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 10/27/2011, 8:20 am

Richard got back up while watching Jacklyn seeing she was alright now but clenched his fists after hearin that it was because of Xavier she went through that and he could tell that was not a pleasant expirence for her. She motioned for him to continue so he did and took the lead again but still watching her slightly in case it happened again before reaching the motel. He got a two bedroom room for the night and lead Jacklyn to their room number sliding open the door and waiting for her to get it before closing in taking off his sword and gun holsters resting them by the bed before laying down himself to sleep. (Gonna skip ahead to morning so Drew dont gotta wait xP) Richard woke slowly that next morning giving a long tired yawn before sitting up.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 10/27/2011, 3:16 pm

Jacklyn followed Richard to the hotel without talking much. She sensed his concern for her and she didn't quite like being so vulnerable. After a short time, they reached the motel and Jacklyn walked into the motel room which didn't look too run down surprisingly. After Richard crashed for the night, she took a quick shower, set her hair in a wet pony tail and fell asleep herself. Jacklyn rarely allowed herself to feel emotion during the day so her mind wandered unrestrained at night, peering into the dreams of anyone sleeping near by. Sometimes, it was a fun experience, other times she couldn't look her neighbors in the face the following morning. Awaking rested hours later, she sat bolt upright in a sudden paranoia, as the last nightmare had been her own. Looking over at Richard, she finally realized she was safe and relaxed, and stood up from the bed to fix her hair. It was wavy from her hasty securing of it and she braided the front piece, letting the rest fall to hide scars along her neck. "Sleep well?" she asked him, suddenly aware of her silence.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Suspicious Rice on 10/27/2011, 11:46 pm

"Great. Where is he?" I ask, looking out the window as well. "Inside a hotel. With a girl." I then look at her, with surprised eyes. "WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH! I know its a assassination mission n' all, but you didn't have to go THAT far...." I say, staring to the side. "Relax... They aren't even doing anything....." Yai says, emotionless as ever. My head the jerks up, and I snicker. She then swiftly throws my earphones to me. I catch them, and make a signal, letting her know that I am now leaving. I open the door, and walk out. Through the earphones, Yai then specifies where the hotel is. After a few minutes of walking, I grapple up to a high building. As soon as I reach the top, I jump from roof to roof, not letting anyone see me as I make my way to fulfill my mission.

Suspicious Rice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 10/28/2011, 10:10 am

Richard looked over at Jacklyn and grinned as he strapped his guns and blade back on himself and gave a nod. "Very well I hope you slept well too." He told her pulling on his black coat that concealed his gun and mostly concealed his blade as he started fixing his wet hair he had taken a shower earlier before Jacklyn woke up. "We should be moving soon never good for people on a mission like ours to stay in one place for to long we're constantly being hunted my father taught me this." He said as he looked ou the windows and glanced at the door ocassionaly refusing to let them be taken by surprise.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 10/28/2011, 11:41 am

Jacklyn nodded at him in the mirror that she agreed they should be going. "I must admit I've spent my last few nights sleeping in a tent or on a bench, last night was the easiest rest in a while, thank you." She watched him fix his various weapons, and was surprised to note she hadn't noticed most of them before. She finished her hair, and walked over to the nightstand collecting her own knife, securing it to her arm. Her brown leather jacket lay on a chair beside Richard. As she grazed past him, she caught someone mid thought and stopped him and herself from moving. It was that damn Syndicate guy. He found them and was preparing to attack the hotel for Richard. She turned to Richard barely making a sound beyond a whisper. "We've been located, a Syndicate is less than a minute from executing his mission against us, tell me the front door isn't the only way out of here."
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 10/28/2011, 4:47 pm

Xavier woke up, and leaper from the bed, grabbed his sword from the side of his bed, and looked around. Something was going on. He ran his hand through his hair to fix the quick bed head and the hair fell right back to where it was before he fell asleep. He pulled on his jeans, and slid a coat on, then walked out the door looking for Jacklyn's power. He had found it. "Who needs a Doll when you can sense the powers of others" he said under his breath. He saw the Syndicate guy talking to his Doll, and took off. He had to save her. He yelled through his mind and into hers, "Jacklyn, ill hold this guy off, you two run as far as you can." Xavier took off, and tackles the man from the Syndicate. "Hmm..so, its you again. Whats your name again? eh...i wont need to know it...why know the name of somebody whose going to die." He jumped up, pulled his sword out held it out, and watched the sword grow longer by the second reaching out and aimed straight towards his heart.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Suspicious Rice on 10/29/2011, 11:01 pm

Shen popped a piece of gum into his mouth before he noticed Xavier charging towards him. He dodged the sharp edge of the blade by an inch, and grappled to another edge and glided towards the side of him. "I don't have time for you, I'm afraid..." His eyes then glow a bright red, with the blue aura shining radiantly around him. He then lessens the gravity near Xavier, causing him to float, and pulls out one of his daggers with a wire attached to the blade, throwing it at blazing speed around his neck. Shen then strangles his throat. Due to the lessened gravity, he is very light to carry with the wire. He then throws him 60 meters away from his current position, onto the walls on the roof of another building. With the wire tightened on his neck, he strangles the air out of his lungs, not to mention the wire being so tight that it cuts him and he starts to bleed from his neck. Before he can react, Shen throws one of his wire attached daggers into his stomach. I then position myself in a firing stance, as if I was about to do a rocket punch. My eyes then glow red again and I fire a beam of solid gravitation force, packing a solid punch, deepening the dagger in his stomach, and breaking the wall with the debris falling on him. He then shoots his wire and lets it wrap around the ledge of a building, letting him know his name before leaving. "Just call me TK-109." He then pops a piece of gum into his mouth.

Suspicious Rice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 10/30/2011, 1:53 am

Before Shen even has time to throw the Dagger, Xavier had already froze the wire, and laughed, (voiding that entire post basically) "Call you what? Call me, Ice Man." Xavier with the speed of light, moved behind Shen, and grabbed a dagger off of him, and dug it through his back, kicking him forward, then stepping on the dagger, pushing it in deeper, and into his spine.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Apollo on 10/30/2011, 11:09 am

Kidd watched on from a very disclose place and smirk evilly, laughing maniacally. Smoking on his cigarette, he blew out the smoke, spoke to himself," Hmmm well I see Shen picking a fight with some ice-dude, I never seen before." Before he saw Shen speaking to his sister but it really wasn't a sister. It was a doll. He chuckled and gave Shen credit on his lying. Now Kidd moved from his disclosed spot and headed towards the two, shooting his guns in the air. Waiting for their reaction.
Apollo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Suspicious Rice on 10/30/2011, 4:49 pm

(<_< And after all the work I put into it too...)
I flip backwards before he reaches my back, and i grab my two daggers, each in one hand. I then tumble and roll around, going behind him sneakily and activate my powers while doing a solid punch to his back shooting a gravity beam, breaking his spine and sending him up into the air. I then jump and spin my two daggers and slice him in an X formation, digging through his back. I then grab the handles and pull out the wires, throwing him away from me. I then see Kidd, shooting from a distance. I yell. "Nice to see you again!"

Suspicious Rice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 10/30/2011, 6:41 pm

Richard listened to Jacklyn as she spoke and looked around before grabbing her forearm and pulling her into the bathroom. He hide her in the tub and drew out his sword sticking it through the wall and using the ice power he stored in there froze it solid before pulling back and slamming his foot into the ice wall shattering it easily. "Now we do. Come on!" He said pulling her out of the tub and running through the new hole in the wall and taking the backentrances and alleys through out this part of town and making their way to the public areas so they could hide in the crowd. "Syndicate won't allow him to expose himself we just have to stay here and lay low for a bit." He explained to her holding her as he made his way through the crowd of people.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 10/30/2011, 7:16 pm

Jacklyn followed Richard without questioning it since she knew he was thinking on his feet. Once out of the motel she kept close to him under his hold of her arm. More than once she nearly asked him to let go so she could run freely but something stopped her each time. It was an annoyance that nagged at her memories of her brother. He would have thought a fool of her to be so stupid. The crowded street was more dense today than she'd ever seen. Richard had been right about one thing. They were in the right place to hide in plain sight. "That Shen isn't smart enough to track us on his own. He needs that damn doll. I should have killed her with the chance." she spoke toward him as he held her closer with the crowds pushing and shoving to deal with. It was just as well he did since there was way too many minds for her to block out and she'd cave without being pulled forward.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 10/30/2011, 7:23 pm

Knowing there were far to many people here Richard helped guide Jacklyn into the nearest store and to his satisfaction there was only a few people inside just sitting around reading the paper or drinking a cup of coffee. Richard looked at the sign and saw it was a Starbucks and he groaned in disappointment he hated coffee but would deal with the smell. He let go of her arm and instead let her follow as he went to a far corner in the building so Jacklyn wouldn't be pressured to hold block every single thought that was outside. "You want anything?" He asked refering to the menu above the front counter as he sat down and started thinking.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 10/30/2011, 10:17 pm

Jacklyn sighed in relief as the crossed into Starbucks. Caffeine never interested her, so she didn't go into them often but for not it seemed like a sanctuary. She followed Richard to the back of the restaurant and then left him there briefly to grab herself a tea with milk before sitting back down across from him. "So, it seems you're thinking of what to do perhaps I can help instead of following you around all day." she laughed attempting to lighten the mood but the sound was so foreign to her it didn't work correctly. She thought to herself about all the people who were after them at this particular moment. It seemed crazy but she couldn't understand the sudden surge in imbalance in the world.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 10/30/2011, 11:22 pm

Xavier spun around before Shen could hit him, and activated his power, and blew a blizzard, causing Shen to lose his site, so that he couldnt cut him, but due to the blizzard, he lost site of him as he ran away. "Dammit..." and then he thought to Jacklyn. "He got away again.....Run. Ill track him and try to kill him again. He has more than the Doll with him though. Another Contractor" Xavier took off, trying to follow, and dug hi snails into his skin again, taking a deep breath, and covering the city in a major Blizzard, slowing the tacking that the Doll and the persuers chasing Jacklyn and Richard.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 10/30/2011, 11:45 pm

Richard looked up from his thought at her giving Jacklyn a sly grin and chuckling with her and leaning back in the chair starting to relax. "Well I am open to any ideas we won't be able to sit here forever the store closes eventually." He said while looking at her and slowly taking her cup of tea and taking a sip before setting it back down in front of her.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top