Ergonia: The Beginning

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ergonia: The Beginning

Post  Maretothebear on 6/9/2012, 1:58 am

Chrystiana laughed, rolling her eyes sarcastically. "My mistake Mr.Adventurer. I was just asking." she giggled. "Hey, you mind if I stay up here with you tonight, I'm not looking forward to what awaits me back there." She studied the large pile of weapons and nearly second guessed her decision to ask. She was starting to have fun spending time away from the usual. It was an addicting feeling when compared to studying.
Maretothebear
Admin

View user profile http://whenauthorscollide.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 6/9/2012, 3:30 pm

Etherlam raised a brow questioningly and nodded slowly, "You're village, its more of your tower than it is mine so I don't believe you need my permission to stay here." He said, pulling out the last dagger from his boot, dropping it on the table before sitting on the dead and stretching out his limbs. "Much better without all the added weight." Ether added as he popped the bones in his neck and fingers, lying back in theb ed from exhaustion.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pigs on 6/10/2012, 11:16 pm

(What's this? o_O Starting again without telling anyone... *Shrug*)

When the small girl and large lion arrived at the small fence around the city, she started walking towards an arch. The lion stopped, lifting his muzzle, his mouth cracked open a bit. Bugel shook his head, his ears twitching as he followed Esther again. She patted his coat, smiling gently. Looking up at the sign, Esther stopped.
Welcome to the Great Divide!
It read. Bugel sat down, Esther turning to look at him. She shrugged and continued walking, examining what sorts of footprints were in the snow at it trailed off about two or three feet in. There were hooves and human footprints, but no paw pads. Bugel grunted and sneezed. He wasn't used to this village-y smell. Almost silently, Esther walked through the town, approaching the center where there were markets and all such. When peole finally noticed that there was a huge, snow white lion in the central courtyard, they started panicking. Some farmers from the South holding pitchforks, others from the West holding out their palms, bright lights emitting from the skin. Esther rolled her eyes. This happened a lot. She stood in front of the lion.
"Lie down and act friendly." She hissed harshly in his ear. He nodded slightly and laid on his back, stomach up, making the purring sound that he always did when pleasured or happy. Esther kneeled down and rubbed his belly gently. She knew he hated this, but Bugel played along for his own survival's sake. The farmers and everyone ralaxed slightly, but kept their threats solid.
"He is no harm." She said, standing again. Her body temperature was rising from the thick furs and layers she wore. "This lion is no threat."
"How can we trust you?" Someone snapped. Esther sighed. Bugel stood up and raised to his hind legs, putting his front paws over her shoulders. He licked her face affectionately.
"Does this prove anything?" Esther said, her monotone voice forcing itself to sound like she was desperate for her pet's life. The people around her lowered their weapons and Bugel jumped down.
"Make it do something." A small girl said, approaching the snow elf cautiously. The icy green eyes peered down at the child, nodding. Esther clicked a ryhthm, the lion's keen ears picking up the message and obeying. He jumped forwards, towards the elf. She jumped over him and onto his back, Bugel then sitting and letting Esther's feet rest on his shoulders. He then slowly raised up onto his hind legs again, balancing the tiny and lightweight girl on his shoulders. The crowed ooh-ed and ahh-ed at this feat and applauded when she front flipped off of him, landing lightly on the ground. The lion sat down like a dog and shook his mane. He was also growing warmer and warmer from the rays of the sun. When the little girl saw this act, she giggled and ran to the lion, petting his nose gently. All the other children from the North, East, South, and West ran up to the lion and began petting him and climbing on him like he was a jungle gym. After a while, the children got bored and Bugel began to give them rides, some trying to stunt but falling. Each time they would fall, Bugel would hesitate and lick the child, making it laugh and get back on him.
Pigs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/14/2012, 5:05 pm

Chrystiana smiled and sat down on one of the bunks. "Well thank you, my gosh you have a lot of artillery." she remarked. The sun was setting on the evening sky, from here the view was so amazingly clear and beautiful. She lay back on the bed, staring up at the bottom of the upper bunk. There was so little she knew of the world yet so much more than most. She pulled out her journal and began writing down a few things she didn't want to forget. Her journal would become her magic book once she was old enough to wield magic freely.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 6/14/2012, 5:12 pm

The dark elf yawned tiredly and after removing the weapons from his person, he pulled off jacket and under clothing, stretching out his arms, his back flexing in the motion, muscles toned and he yawned, falling to the bed he had chosen to sleep in. "Tomorrow, I am not sure what I'll do, but I hope it will be interesting." He said with a snicker, always looking forward to the next day, thinking maybe he'll leave the village to end the tension and begin his own journey, he had already seen the caverns beneath the world, he wanted to see the surface.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/14/2012, 5:31 pm

Chrystiana sighed quietly, not sure how she felt about him leaving. He'd been the first interesting thing to happen to this town in a long while. She whispered, "Well goodnight" and covered herself up, drifting off to the sound of the drums that signaled the end of the minors day in the caverns around the area. It was a peaceful rhythm she'd enjoyed all her life. Tonight would probably be a dreamless one.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 6/14/2012, 5:56 pm

In the middle of the night a hand touched Chrystania's shoulder and shook her gently awake, "Hey wake up." Etherlam's voice said, filling her ears and he was grinning, it was still obviously late in the night. He seemed to be holding something brown. "Come on, Chrystainia, we have to go now if we don't want the patrol seeing, I've planned it all out." He went on, excited and didn't seem the least bit tired.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/14/2012, 6:01 pm

Chrystiana jumped feeling a hand on her shoulder, nearly peeling out her own dagger before realizing it was him. "Geeze man." she exclaimed and then went over what we was saying in her head. "You want to leave? Now?" she continued and started evaluating her thoughts on leaving for what could be a very long time. Her family would miss her but somehow she didn't care. "Alright then" she said, and stood up, grabbing her backpack quickly becoming more alert as the moments past. "whats that?" she asked, noticing the brown object.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 6/14/2012, 6:06 pm

"Its your stuff, I snuck into your parent's house a while ago." Etherlam said, tossing her the brown bag he held before picking up his stuff and in the same instant appearing at the door to the tower he was excited and ready to go and then he put his hand over where the stitches were, knewing he shouldn;t have been in usch a rush, it caused pained in his chest but he still kept his grin.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/14/2012, 6:16 pm

Chrystiana took the bag from him, happy to find nearly everything she'd need inside. "Both thorough and sneaky, dear me I don't know whether to scold you for being a thief or thank you for your thoughtfulness." she laughed and smiled at him despite noticing the pain in his wound. "Perhaps I'll do the more decent thing." she said, walking over to him and placing her hand on his stitches as she muttered a spell in a forgotten language. The cut was quickly healed at least a week more in progress. "That's something I am actually good at". She shrugged and followed him out of the tower careful not to make much noise.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 6/14/2012, 6:38 pm

Etherlam picked her up and he scaled quickly down the wall, almost losing his grip or slipping at some points but always caught himself last minute. "You're to slow, we need to be faster." Etherlam set her down when they reached the bottom and waving for her to follow, ran quickly but quietly off into the distance, he had scouted out the area earlier to find the escape route that was the least patrolled, he already knew this village like the back of his hand.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/14/2012, 6:52 pm

Chrystiana rolled her eyes as they landed on the ground and took off running behind him, then without much difficulty or stopping she shrunk down and flew speedily, her clothes and bags shrinking with her. She then plopped herself to sit on his shoulder as they ran. "Perhaps this would help." she said nonchalantly. It was easy for her to maintain her balance on his shoulder even as he moved because of his swiftness. Had it been any other type of creature it might have been impossible. She scanned the area for any patrol knowing full well the guard on this route was more of a napper than the others.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 6/14/2012, 7:00 pm

When they got near the fence around the village, Etherlam noticed the light of a torch coming around and without losing his speed he turned sharply and ran through the brush, circling around the guard, passing swiftly behind him without so much as a whisper of breath escaping and in that same motion he scaled and jumoed the fence and they were free, off into the whole world.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/14/2012, 7:10 pm

Chrystiana held on for dear life as he scaled the fence, she'd never been this close to it or to the other side before. When they got to the other side she flew off his shoulder and glided next to him, happy to be free to fly. "Well someone has a lot of skills I wasn't aware of." she remarked. "Which way are we going?" she asked him as she put up her hood. She knew there were a lot of dangerous creatures in the voids between lands and was wary of them. She'd send word of her safety home when she next got the chance.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 6/14/2012, 7:42 pm

"I have no idea, I just figured we'd keep going straight and find a village sooner or later." He said before coming to a stop once he felt they were a safe distance away from the village and he looked around, not sure where they were at at the moment. "Hmm...but I don't seem to know these lands very well it seems.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/19/2012, 2:04 am

Chrystiana looked around as well, kind of lost in her own way. "Well the divide is the way to the next land, I'm not really sure which way that is." she said hesitantly. Hopefully they'd find a place to stay by night fall and she could relax her senses, at the moment she only felt safe due to the amount of weapons Etherlam had on him as well as that he knew how to use them. "What if we followed the path?" she suggested.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 6/19/2012, 2:21 am

Etherlam's eyebrows scrunched together in thought, thinking to himself about the path idea she suggested, it sounded outragoues, a path leads to one location like a village, if they just went their own way..they could end up anywhere...maybe even a village where they could rest and he nodded in his own agreement. "I have it, we go through the woods and we just may find a village to rest in!" He announced, raising his hand victourisly.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/20/2012, 8:46 pm

Chrystiana sighed and nodded, not amused by his lack of concern for their safety. She could hide if anything. "So you're just hoping to happen upon a village in this wilderness of thieves and brainless monsters?" she stated and started walking in the direction he was pointed in. She watched the birds float around in the trees she always thought there was such beauty in their mannerisms. Birds mated for life, a concept not reciprocated in every species. "So I'm guessing you know how to live off the land?" she asked still looking around.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 6/29/2012, 5:06 pm

"Hey why are you going through the woods! Theres a perfectly good path right here." He shouted towards her as he walked in the other direction down the path, whistling to himself as he packed was strung over his shoulder and he eventually atopped at a nearby tree to wait for the fairy girl, leaning against the trunk and watched her.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/29/2012, 10:31 pm

Chrystiana looked at him annoyed as she lifted off the ground enough to float upright instead of walking, with her arms crossed. " What was wrong with the path when I suggested it half a second ago?" she snapped and landing, walked past him down the path. She regarded every spot casually looking for signs of anything she should be worried about. Not that much could take her on, but it's always a good precaution as her father had once taught her. "oh and by the way, quit staring at me, I'm not a toy" she said sarcastically rolling her eyes without looking at him. She fought to keep the rose out of her cheeks.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 7/1/2012, 5:37 pm

The dark elf chuckled to himself at how the fairy girl grew annoyed, he never thought such amusement existed on the surface, below the earth his other kin were aware of such antics and didnt fall for them, he would like it up here he thought to himself. "Nothing was wrong with it, its why I stole the idea." He explained, drow were taught to take what they wanted, it was how the rank of housing worked, if a house wanted to move up it had to destroy the house above it but it had to be a disctreet war, if the offensive house was discovered their house would have been destroyed and every member of the family killed. "I'm sure you enjoy the new attention anyway, you seem like you're not used to having people look at you in a way that doesnt involve embarassment."
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 7/2/2012, 5:11 pm

Chrystiana stopped in her tracks in slight shock. He was looking at her in that way, no wonder her skin prickled when he was close, it was his interest. "I am not used to being looked at at all. Sometimes people criticize my behavior but if they really saw me, they wouldn't second guess anything. They don't look at me they take the picture they have of their mind of me and label it Chrystiana." she stated in exasperation as she began to move forward again. "and stealing an idea is not a redeeming quality up here, if you want something it's more honorable to earn it or give credit to who did." she continued as she attempted to quiet her mental ramblings.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 7/8/2012, 5:32 pm

The dark elf titled his head at her and laughed under his breath as she explained honor to him and he simply shrugged. "I do not need honor, for honor has no place within me." He explained to her, the tactics of drow were to use tricky and sneak attacks to get their way or win fights, its what he was taught since age five and it has been all he knows. Watching her he then glanced up at the night sky, seeing the white orb was right above them and he stopped to stare up at it, even if it did sting his eyes still from how bright it is, he still didn't know what it was called but it was better than staring up at a rock cieling all day.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 7/11/2012, 2:20 am

Chrystiana was both baffled and horrified at Etherlam. Honor was something that was regarded very highly and meant a great deal to people up here on the surface. "Well you better find a damn place for honor in you because without it you'll not find kinship." she sighed out and watched him act peculiarly. "The moon is my favorite part of the night, I pity you for not being able to see it where you lived." With that thought, she couldn't help but pull her flute out and play a soft song her people played at the beginning of the winter moon. It wasn't nearly time for that but it was her favorite song regardless.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam on 7/11/2012, 2:31 am

His drow ears twitched and prying his eyes from the moon he looked over at Chrystiana play her flute and his curiousty made him walk closer, his head tilted to the sides and for the first time in a while, ever since that dreadful day he felt at peace, listening to this sound, they had music in the Underdark but it was dark and ominous, it was nothing like what she played, it was beautiful he thought. Etherlam watched her, he found himself leaning on a tree but did not react to it, the sound was just so tantalizing, the surface continued to surprise him, but how many he wandered would be good.
Etherlam
Moderators

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top