Seraphim and Sapphire (Moved)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seraphim and Sapphire (Moved)

Post  Maretothebear on 9/7/2014, 5:41 pm

Posts from before this RP was moved:
Spoiler:
Mare: -"Sapphire Rose come forward this instant!" spoke the archangel Gabriel with obvious authority. Sapphire flinched knowing once again she had put herself in a position to be scolded. She had evaded training once again to peer at the humans she was guardian to. Taking a deep breath, she moved to stand in front of Gabriel. Gabriel sighed in disapproval. "The humans are going to be eliminated as they were in the floods of Noah. I suggest you not get too attached to them." Sapphire's eyes widened in horror. "The people are not a waste yet! They're good and kind, I've seen it!" she nearly yelled. "Find me proof in the next hundred years of total selflessness among these sinners and I'll consider taking it before our leader. Spend that time among them and I will call to you when I require an update." he replied sternly and sent her on her way.
The next thing Sapphire knew she was falling from the sky and caught herself just shy of the ground. She looked around warily, fading her wings into her back and assuming more human clothing. It appeared she was in a shipyard. The smell was putrid of fish and fuel. She couldn't believe what she had been charged with. As a human she looked no more than sixteen.  She felt slightly defeated and hid in a dry docked boat trying to decide what to do next.

Mike: -"It truly has been a long time since the day that my life was taken from me. How long it has truly been..." thought Jude Ischario. Jude knelt down at the place where it had happened. The sights and smells of this place were no different from that night or any other night since then.
"Long have I yearned to see your face again. The memory burns in my soul, my love. I will never forget the things he did and the things he has yet to do. I will bring him to justice. He will pay for the distance he has put between us, my love. Yet, I stay here to protect the world from a fate far worse than death. I will achieve the things that God has in store for me and I will see you again. That, I swear."
Jude kissed the tips of his fingers and then placed them on the ground. He stood up to his full height, five ten and a half. As he stood, a tear rolled down his cheek and on the ground. His fists balled up and he closed his eyes to stop the tears. A man can’t cry, a man can never cry, a man can never show his weakness.
This place was a reminder of how sinful this world had become. Why would people do the things they have done? How can people be so cruel to one another? The reasons were clear. Power and greed and spread around the world like an unending wild fire. People have become corrupt, angry, and churlish. Jude knew the source, and his duty was also clear… put all the sin to an end.
Jude then heard a noise. His eyes flashed open and Jude turned quickly. He pulled out his sword, Ignis, from the depths of his black trench coat. Jude loosened his clerical collar and prepared for the coming encounter. “Who is there? Show yourself….” He raised the hilt side face and moved into a fighting position. Whoever was there would not leave this place without facing the consequences of disturbing this place of solitude.

Mare: -Sapphire rolled her eyes and gracefully stepped into the light, more curious as to what this mortal would try to do that afraid. She had heard him whispering and as an Angel could hear his prayer to his loved one. With full confidence in her abilities she made no attempt for her knives. "Does that banter work on anyone at all?" she teased her eyes dancing amused despite her straight face. "I mean, that pretty much was the modern version of who goes there" she continued her voice laced with sarcasm as she leaned on the hull of the nearest boat about ten feet in front of him.

Mike: “It is not a question of whether that banter works. The real question is why you present yourself before me, like cattle for slaughter. I do not wish you harm, but evil lurks everywhere and trust is not so earned or given in this world. Tell me who you are, or face my wrath.” Jude said with a small smirk on his face.

Jude then spread his arms out wide and a flash of light shone throughout. The light was blinding and hotter than the sun. The light dimmed and a figure stepped forward. The figure was clothed in the finest armor. It wore a breastplate of burning gold that bore the symbol of a heavenly faith; a white cross. Below it, there was a belt with a white cloth that had a golden outline which extended down to his ankles. The belt a sheath for the sword, which was drawn, on its left and a tomahawk, still in its ring holster, on its right. The figure also wore boots that went up the length of its legs and ended at its thighs. On his hands it wore gloves that flared out past the wrist. Upon his head he wore a hood and mask. Within the hood were white eyes that seemed to burn into the souls of men.

“I am not a mortal like the rest of this world. Long have my brothers and sisters served the Lord and all the things that have been created by God. I do not trust easily, but my loyalty is undying. My anger is fierce, yet I am merciful. My song inspires hope and my voice strikes fear. My love runs deep and my memories will endure. I am a creation of God, a child of heavenly fire. I am one of the burning ones, I am Seraphim. You would do well not to challenge me.” said the figure.

Mare: Sapphire was just about to spit back a slew of proof as to the audacity of this human when this light sprung from within him. It made her back up at first but then she narrowed her eyes." I've heard of you Seraphim. You and your kind. Calm yourself brother or you'll have the Arch angels down on both of us." she spoke quickly out of hope she wouldn't need to stand before them so soon. She snapped her fingers and her human clothes gave way to a white corset dress covered in lace and floral designs with her wings materializing at her back. "I am Sapphire, a Guardian of Adam. Don't speak to me in such a degrading manner it's beneath me as a lady." she punctuated. "I'm just as likely to send you back to the flames from which you crawled out of." With a smile she watched him calmly, rather amused by his demenor. Of course she found literally the only other angel for miles right where she'd fallen. It was just her way.

Mike: Seraphim then sheathed his sword. "Guardian of Adam, I do apologize for my rudeness. Your presence was not made known to me and I wasn't sure who you were. I too have heard of your deeds, little as they are. Now, perhaps we can do away with the formalities and just speak as normal folk. I was just leaving this place."

The armor faded away and Jude Ischario reappeared in his black attire, clerical collar and his long black trench coat. Jude took off Ignis and wrapped the belt around the sheath. He then took out his tomahawk and placed both items in his right hand. "Come with me, we will return to my home so we may speak privately." Jude then turned and started to walk from the shipyard.

Mare: Without another word Sapphire snapped her fingers and as she followed him her attire changed again so that her wings were shrunken into her back. "You really shouldn't expose him to just anyone. All we needed was one drunk fisherman and tales would weave. " she stated as she looked around. There was no reason she should follow him but a voice in her head urged her forward. Something told her it was either Gabriel or Michael and they were not to be ignored. She made no effort to put distance between them as they walked. "So how long have you been able to call Seraphim out to play? Not just anyone can." She mused. This human would be interesting for sure.

Mike:“Seraphim is who I am. I chose to become my angelic form as I need to. As a mortal Seraph, I have a power most Seraphs do not have… free will. But when Seraphim comes out to play is of no concern right now. We have much larger problems at hand, Guardian of Adam.” said Jude, not even taking a glance at the woman.

Jude continued to walk quickly from the shipyard, looking all around to ensure that no one would see or follow him, except the Guardian of Adam. His task was to be proactive, but to act covertly to avoid drawing any attention to himself. Jude then spotted his car, an old, black four door sedan. He pulled out his keys and clicked the lock to open the doors. “Get in.” Jude said gruffly.

He knew not why this woman was sent here. Jude always acted alone in his missions. No one ever aided him and he would never ask anyone to help him. It wasn’t that he was rude, but Jude was confident in his abilities to take on any task with little aid from others. There was only thing he could always rely on in a time of need; his faith in the One. Jude got into his car and put the key into the ignition. As he waited for the Guardian of Adam to enter, he remained focused on the task at hand. Devising the plan and executing it, without fail or remorse. This mission became personal, and only Jude could stop it.

Mare: Sapphire watched the Seraph in confusion but soon abandoned any question about his demenor. "Listen, theres about a hundred Guardians of Adam, call me Sapphire." She stated as she hopped in the car. She'd never been in a car personally before. She was tired of just following his whim blindly. "What exactly is going on, none of my superiors mentioned anything of war or uprising." She continued. Here she was newly on this planet and already gotten herself into something." Good grief" she thought to herself.

Mike: Jude started the engine and turned on the lights. He put the car into gear and started to drive away from the shipyard.
“Gabriel sent you here, as to why I am not certain. Here’s the story: my brother, Paul Ischario, has been a tenacious thorn in the side of both God and me for longer than I can say. He is the main source of why sin and corruption has spread around the world. Drugs, human trafficking, slavery, embezzlement, you name it… Paul did it to gain wealth, but above all else… power. He then used the massive influence to spread his plagues of lies which brought false hope and promise throughout the world. Long ago, I thought I had banished his soul to the Circles of Hell. Unfortunately, Paul managed to outsmart Lucifer himself and escape from hell, more powerful than ever. I fear that Hell has now fallen under Paul’s control and he has become the most powerful fallen angel the universe has ever seen. For the last 10 years, more and more demons have appeared throughout the world and I can only assume Paul means to use these demons as a means of building an army to conquer all. Sapphire, my task is to stop him. I do it not just for God, but also the innocent and sinless people of this world. What you are tasked to do is your own business. But, if the Lord wills you to be here; I will not question it. We will be at my home soon.”
Jude looked in his rearview mirror and then back to the road ahead of him. He made a right and then stopped at what appeared to be a house. The house itself was one story, small, and white with a black singled roof. Next to the church was a grand cathedral, larger than most churches on this earth. Its spires and stain glass windows stood vigil over the city, and their beauty was unsurpassed by anything mortals could think of. This place was not only sacred, but a true house of God. “This is it.” Jude said.

Mare: Sapphire listened intently as Seraphim spoke, nodding occassionally. "I was sent here to prove there are still good people here on Earth, that the people here deserve to live and not perish by fire as the sons and daughters of Adam in the flood did." she spoke flatly with a severe expression on her face as she watched buildings pass until she saw the church. It was magnificent and grand. Mortals built many churches to worship God but somehow only a few were built in such a way that God was an active spirit within it. This church was one of them. "Are these Demons able to blend into humanity or are they in their true form?" she asked trying to decide what her place in this should be. She already decided she was in, The question was how far was she going to go.

Mike: "That's the thing, these demons are quite unique. They are able to not only blend into society; they are able to be undetecable with out senses. This is what concerns me the most. In the past, I was an expert at hunting demons down and destroying them. Now, I can barely track them. Paul is up to something... somehow he is modifying the way we sense demonic presence in order to disguise his plans. I have some research in the house, if you'll join me." said Jude.
He got out of the sedan and walked to the fence surrounding the house. Jude walked up the steps of the house and to the front door. He put his key into the lock and the door slowy crept open. "Someone has been here..." Jude thought. He went back to the car and grabbed Ignis. He drew the sword and slowly walked toward the house. "Be on your guard, Sapphire. Something or someone has been here. We need to ensure that my reasearch is still safe..." Jude said firmly.
Jude walked up the steps slowly and then approached the door. He knew not what he may find behind the door, but whatever it was will not leave the house alive. He pushed the door open slowly and prepared for the immient skirmish to come.

Mare: Sapphire nodded at his description of the current wave of demons. As she got out of the car she stopped short smelling something she hadn't in centuries. Sulfur. Burning rotten sulfur. It usually accompanied knights of hell which were no ordinary demon. Sapphire had faced many things on a battle field but a knight was something to be reckoned with. They were the bastard children of the dark one himself and a human. Half fallen angel half demon. When Seraphim went back for his weapon Sapphire slid a knife in each hand and her eyes turned a brilliant lilac as her essence came through in preparation for battle. With all the grace she had she followed him into the eerily quiet house each step

Mike: Jude looked into the darkness and braced himself. He walked into the house slowly, sword ready. Jude took a few steps and then stopped. He took one of his hands off of his sword and reached for the light switch. He flicked the light switch up, which then illuminated the hall. Everything seemed to be in order, not a thing out of place. Jude looked into the living room and also flicked on the lights. Nothing. He then walked toward the darkened kitchen slowly. “Watch yourself, Sapphire. Who knows what or who has been here.” Jude said softly.
As Jude approached the kitchen, he looked to his right and saw that his bedroom light was on. He slowly approached the door and stood ready. Whoever was in here would not be happy to see him. Jude turned the knob slowly and readied himself. He then barged into the door. His room light was on, but no one was in there. “Hmm, I guess I must have left my bedroom light on…” Jude thought to himself. Jude lowered his sword. All of sudden, something hit him in the back of the head. Jude immediately fell to the floor and fainted.

Last edited by Maretothebear on 9/19/2014, 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Maretothebear
Admin

View user profile http://whenauthorscollide.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Seraphim and Sapphire (Moved)

Post  Maretothebear on 9/7/2014, 6:07 pm

Sapphire had a horrible feeling. The house had an absence of good feeling about it and it was cold. Too cold for even Jude to care for. Her intuition told her to be on guard. As the lights went on from room to room she looked for her own version of clues in their path. Watching Jude turn the knob to his room which was pre-lit Sapphire was skeptical the it was Jude who had left it on. The man seemed incredibly detail oriented. She was several steps behind him looking at a stack of old news paper articles when she heard him speak, get cut off, and then the thump of Jude's dead weight hitting the ground. She flattened herself against the wall and listened closely. She decided it was best to begin her battle from where she was.
Flattening her palms against the wall quickly an icy frost covered everything, it was too fast to escape. With the advantage, Sapphire spun into the room, covered all angles and threw knives at her still moving target. Three dotted the walls before catching him in the shoulder. She took that opportunity to drag vines up from the earth beneath their feet and had them strangle this intruder until he himself passed out. Slowly she dragged him into a chair and secured him in steel chains, taking no chances.
Then she turned her attention on Jude, who looked more like a sleeping child than a warrior, laying on the floor. It took some effort, but she managed to drag him onto his bed and placed her hand on his head to heal him. "Wake up Princess, I caught your boogy-man,"she stated with an eye-roll remembering his caution to her of all people about the dangers they may face.

Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seraphim on 9/18/2014, 9:44 pm

Jude’s eyes flashed open. He shook his head as he picked himself up from the carpeted floor. Everything seems so blurry. In a moment, things had come back to focus. Knives were planted into the wall. “What in the…” Jude thought. He then looked to Sapphire. “What happened? Whoever or what at ever hit me did do very well.” Jude said softly.

He couldn’t believe that he exposed weakness to this Guardian of Adam… a beautiful one at that. Jude was so angry at himself. But he couldn’t help it. Jude couldn’t help that he was hit in the back of the head, and knocked unconscious. He rubbed the back of his head and brought his hand before his face. There was blood. Jude quickly went to the bathroom and got a towel and started to wash the blood from the back of his head. As he applied pressure to the back of his head, he returned to where Sapphire stood and noticed a man chained to the chair. The man was dirty, unshaven and wearing an outfit that was entirely black. Apparently, this fool thought it would be wise to break into his home.

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” Jude said angrily. The man looked up at him and then spit into his face. Jude then took his free hand and back handed the man. The man’s face turned to the side as Jude hit him. The man then slowly turned back to Jude and smiled, blood stained his disgusting yellow teeth. “Who the hell are you?” Jude asked once more. The man just continued with this bloody smile and did not say a word.

Seraphim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 9/18/2014, 11:06 pm

Sapphire tried not to giggle watching Jude try to cover for his embarrassment. He had no reason to be embarrassed. Anyone getting hit from behind could find themselves knocked out. "Sorry about your walls.."she mumbled as she stared at their intruder turned prisoner. She crossed her arms slightly impatiently and then decided to have a go at him. "Listen, I'm sure you were just being a good little minion to someone by coming here, now you got yourself in a bit of a jam and the time to save your own ass and abandon loyalty to whatever pustule of society that is would be now."she stated in a more friendly almost kind way, a fake good cop scenario seemed appropriate.
"If you won't tell this man what he needs to know things are probably going to go south for you."she continued. "For example I might start doing this.." Sapphire then took her hand and placed it on his chest, focusing to the point his heart nearly stopped beating until she took her hand away. "I'm really not the type to cause cardiac arrest..well not literally anyway..but I will." she looked at the man in the eyes and then Jude.

Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seraphim on 9/22/2014, 8:44 pm

“The true Lord of Darkness has come. He will burn you all and he will have his vengeance, especially for you Mortal Seraphim. He comes for you. I come not only to try and please my master… but to deliver a message if I fail.” The man said through deep breathes. The man then reached his hand out and grabbed Jude’s hand. It seemed to burn Jude’s hand has he gripped it tight. Jude tried to pull away, but he could not. “The mark of death… your destiny awaits… Mortal Seraphim” said the man. The man let go and then pulled out a pistol from his clothing, pointed it at his head and pulled the trigger. Blood splattered on the wall and parts of Sapphire and Jude. Jude looked at his hand and saw it. A blood red marking that looked like a dagger going through a human skull… his mark.

Jude then looked to Sapphire, putting his hand down and behind his back. “His place is not safe for us. We must go to the church. In there, we will find true safety. Come with me, for we have great work to do.” Jude then grabbed his sword and tomahawk. He walked quickly into the kitchen. From there, he went to the backdoor and went into the backyard. Jude quickly walked down the path and took a right, facing the church. He looked all around him as he went, ensuring no one except Sapphire would follow him.

“Paul, you have marked me with your mark… but I will not fear death. I will not fear the destiny to come. I will not fear you. Your reign of terror will end and I will restore the balance. You will acknowledge your sins, and when this is over… you will beg for mercy from the justice that God will administer unto you. As I walk through the valley of darkness, I will fear no evil.”

Jude approached the white fence and opened the gate. He quickly walked across the alley way and went toward a door at the back of the cathedral. Jude pulled out keys from his pocket and found a small gold key and inserted it into the lock. He turned the knob and entered the cathedral. Tonight, it would be the end… and he had to prepare.

Seraphim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 9/22/2014, 10:39 pm

Sapphire turned her face just in time not to get nailed in the eye with brain matter. This whole thing was far too dramatic to be happening as far as she was concerned. Before she could reach out to see his hand, Jude had walked away. She felt like she was starting to take orders from a mortal. A creature so fallible that every angel in the sky thought most other creatures were smarter. She sighed and followed him toward the church. Once inside, she went to the pulpit and sat down on the floor silently. Sapphire needed to think. She wasn’t involved with Jude’s destiny. He had a mark of death, something even her pleading to the arch angels couldn’t reverse. After a while she looked at him. “What are you going to do Jude? Fight this immortal being for the sake of the honor of your kin?”She asked skeptically. To her being a martyr was something only the son of God had reason to do. Swinging her backpack in front of her, Sapphire searched for her journal. In it were all sorts of legend and knowledge on the underworld. She had only been a child as far as angels age when the dark side had been unveiled to be growing. “Jude, you need to find a place and ward it off for evil. A church isn’t going to hold them back forever. They are religious too.” She pinched the skin over her nose and shook her head. Mortals were always forgetting evil believes in God just as powerfully as good does.

Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seraphim on 10/7/2014, 9:09 pm

“This goes deeper than you think, Sapphire. Paul has hurt me beyond a point of forgiveness. If you only knew the things he has done to me… then you’d understand why I have to do what I am about to do. I also am aware of the fact that the demons will come here, and possible kill us both. But there is more than what meets the eye in this church.”

Jude walked toward the altar and fell to his knees. He closed his eyes and grasped his hand. The pain seemed to sear into his palm. Thank God this was not his sword hand. This mark dignified a connection that could not be destroyed except by one way; a duel to the death.

The pain was one of worse he ever felt in his life, but he had to press on. Jude got up and approached the altar. Upon the altar was a golden cross that was ornately decorated. Jude reached out with his good hand and held the cross. He muttered a few words to himself in the tongue of the Lord and things started to change. The altar slid to one side, which revealed a small stair case below. “Come, Sapphire” Jude said curtly.

Jude then descended the stairs. Once Sapphire was on the staircase with him, he waved his hand and the altar slid back to its previous place. As the altar moved, the stair case began to darken. Jude reached his good hand along the wall and found a flat, cold object on the wall. He placed his hand on the object and what was then illuminated was beyond any belief.

A massive room that contained all the items necessary to serve the Lord here on Earth. Weapons, armor… anything and everything needed to complete the task Jude was sent here to do. Jude descended the stair quickly and jogged over to a massive screen. As he approached, a large consul sat before the large screen. Jude then hit a button and the screen and consul came to life. As the machine powered on, Jude started to undress. Now that they were safe from anything and everything, he could finally prepare for tonight.

Seraphim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:12 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top