Change and Strange

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change and Strange

Post  Maretothebear on 5/29/2011, 5:25 pm

For the purpose of this RP its open ended. The only things that are set are setting. Everything else is flexable. Improv is everything. I'm building it for 1 on 1 but if someone else wants in PM me or something and i'll move this to another place.

Setting: Present time, a farmland area. (Large fields, barns).

Form:
Name:

THATS IT.

Name: Kristen Andrews
Appearance:
Maretothebear
Admin

View user profile http://whenauthorscollide.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Change and Strange

Post  Rion on 6/6/2011, 2:59 am

Name:
Dominic SaintAngelo

Appearance:
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/6/2011, 3:24 am

Kristen woke up breathing heavy in a cold sweat. It took her a minute to realize she wasn't safe in her room in the apartment she shared with her father. The wind was beating heavily against the walls even though it was a warm evening all together. She wasn't a drinking girl so the likelyhood of her ending up here was very unlikely. Kristen looked around from the corner she sat in, it was late at night and she was sitting in a barn that she didn't remember ever seeing before. Her first thought was to not make any sudden movements so that she could judge if she was in fact being watched, a victim of some sort of kidnapping deal. Nothing suggested anyone had been around though. Slowly Kristen stood up and kept to the shadows as she made her way to the enterance to the barn all the while terrified that any moment something would change again. The ground crunched under her feet despite her silent pleas for it to remain still. She had almost made it out before she turned for a split second toward a small mirror on the wall and screamed loud enough for anyone within a three mile radius to hear. Her appearance reflected someone who was not the Kristen she knew.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 6/6/2011, 3:32 am

Dominic woke up after hearing a scream that sounded like it was coming from a banshee. He went from laying on his back, to his feet within seconds, and looked around him for the closest thing he could spot, and use as a weapon. He grabbed an old crowbar a few feet away and made his way towards the scream. While he walked, he thought, "Where the fuck am I, and why the hell am i here. I've never been in a barn... and i wanted to keep it that way. It smells like shit... i need to get outta here." He continued walking, and as he turned the corner, he saw a girl. He didnt want to scare her to much, so he sat down, and watched her from afar on what she would do.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/6/2011, 3:42 am

Kristen nearly fell backward from her own appearance. Her hair was a brilliant white color and her eyes a weird red. "What the hell is this, Edward Cullen Syndrome?" She spoke outloud cracking a smile briefly at her own joke. She was scared. Looking out into the majestic hills surrounding this barn she didn't know what to think. It looked beautiful yet abandoned. Kristen leaned on the door jam for a second with fear she might pass out from all of it hitting her at once. Thankfully her body realized that wasn't a good idea. She wanted to find any clue of what she was doing here. A kidnapper wouldn't change her appearance in such a bold way so that didn't even make sense. This would all have to wait until the morning though because for some reason even though she'd just woken up, she was exhausted. She didn't bother with hiding herself as she moved this time and sat down as comfortably as possible in the hay pile she'd woken up in. Slowly she drifted back off to sleep as a headache came on.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 6/6/2011, 11:16 pm

Dominic watched her in awe. He had to keep from sucking his teeth and laughing at joke she cracked, but he continued watching in complete silence. Once she finally was asleep for about five minutes, her walked over to her, crowbar still in hand, and got about an inch away from her. she smelled... amazing to put it simply. There wasnt a word to describe the beauty that this girl contained even if she really wasnt herself at the moment, Dominic knew he was going to have to keep an eye on her. As he started to get back up, she rolled over on her side, and Dominic took off for cover, and once he was back behind the stable door with a horse, he screamed in agony and pain, as his head began to pound and voices shouted throughout his head, he screamed, and feared of waking the girl up, he made an attempt to muffle his screams, but the pain was to great, and he frightened the horse. The horse whinnied, kicked him, and Dominic fell silent.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/6/2011, 11:32 pm

Kristen fell asleep fairly easily but for some reason as she began dreaming the throbbing in her head started increasing rapidly. She couldn't scream, couldn't even force herself to move a muscle. Someone had been near her she knew that but even with every feeling being more accute she knew the person hadn't touched her and was no longer there. The fire in her head showed her scenes that didn't make sense but they involved her, the her that was before her appearance was changed. In fact, she was witnessing herself being in so much pain as they altered her in so many ways. Kristen's eyes had been changed perminently just like her hair but also she'd been tattooed. All the while the room was quiet except for her agony in this vision. Eventually her mind quieted and Kristen's body relaxed as she passed out for several hours waking up well into the afternoon of the day. She stood up slightly woozy again but as the barn was illuminated something occured to her that had changed. There was a horse roaming around that appeared to know where it was but was out of its stable. Kristen decided it would calm the grief striken horse by putting it back, so she walked over to the stable with him in tow and nearly spooked the horse twice at the sight in front of her. A guy older than her, who was bleeding from the head slightly, and currently passed out. He was definetly something to look at even in this condition. She walked around the barn until she found something to wrap his head with and decided after she'd bandaged it to sit elsewhere. It was impossible to tell if this was her kidnapper.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 6/6/2011, 11:40 pm

Domic woke up what felt like days later. When he woke up, the girl was sitting next to him. He felt something on his head, and knew that it must have been her who bandaged his head. He looked at her and was in awe. He stumbled for words, and only got out , " I...I...Im uh.. er, D..Dominic, but call me Dom. Your... beautiful." after that, he basically just stared at her, wondering who, what, and why she was there with him. It must have been for a reason, God did everything for a reason. Dom reached into his back pocket and pulled out the playing card his grandfather had given him. He always said it was his lucky card. He looked at it quickly, and put it away. He knew that where he was, wasnt save just by the look of it all, and the way that his head felt before the horse had kicked him only making it worse.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/7/2011, 12:40 am

Kristen looked at him wide eyed back at Dominic for a few painful seconds as she looked, for the first time into his amazing red eyes that matched her own before she said anything but finally she couldn't help but giggle nervously. "Well Dominic, I'm Kristen and I must say for first words, those weren't half bad." She said. "You've been kicked by that horse by the looks of things." She hesitated then not knowing what his purpose was even as harmless as it all seemed she had to ask. "Do you..um..do you know why we're here?" The idea of him answering was nearly deadlier than him saying yes. She sat against the wall of the stable looking at him patiently, waiting for him to collect his thoughts. Luckily his head had stopped bleeding. If someone came for us it would be difficult to make good ground with him completely injured. She hadn't even figured out where they were yet since she was kind of weak still.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 6/7/2011, 12:47 am

"Well Kristen, not gonna lie here and tell you oh yeah we got abducted by aliens, and act like the hero... because i really dont know." He looked down at his hands and realized that his palms were glowing a bit. He closed his hands and thought he was just seeing things, and continued to talk to her. "So i take it you dont know why we are here. and we both know we are in a barn. Do you think we should go and see if we can find out where we are?"
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/7/2011, 12:59 am

"Thats not such a terrible idea."She mused, reaching out to take his hand. "Come on let's go while it's still daylight, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't absolutely terrified of whatever it is thats happened and I don't want to find out the hard way." Tears came to her eyes then as she thought of her dad back home and what he could possibly be doing to find her. She held them back knowing if she showed any sign of weakness it would remain with her for a while. Kristen pulled Dominic to his feet even though he was alot taller then her. The land around the barn was pretty barren of any other residence. She could just make out smoke stacks in the distance from chimneys. Her eyes adjusted expertly to the outside lighting. It was almost in human and it caused her to sway uncomfortably at first. "Listen, we don't know each other well yet, but I think since you're hurt if we come across our captors, I'll stay behind as the distraction while you put distance between yourself and them. It would be easier for me to get away I think." she said though she couldn't believe the courage that was coming up. Since when could Kristen handle a challenge like that? It was so different then her usual don't j-walk self.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 6/7/2011, 1:12 am

When she took His hand and helped him up, he felt at home and like it was meant to be. He looked her in the eyes, and gripped her hand harder as they walked out of the barn. She was significantly shorter than him, which he loved. At first, he was blinded by the morning sun, but eventually got used to it, still saying nothing waiting for her to talk. Once he did, what she said only confused him, and angered him. He looked at her after listening to her say you run i stay and said, "I dont run... trust me theres a lot that you dont know about me, and im going to take care of you. I have accepted the responsibility, and im taking it. Im going to take care of you and im going to make sure your safe." He took her hand and brought it up to his lips kissing it. They continued to walk, and then he heard the cock crowing in the early morning to wake the farmer. He took he hand and guided her to the basement of the farm house, after breaking the lock on the doors, and the walked into the muggy basement covered in shelves of jarred foods. They hid behind a shelf of jarred tomatoes, and looked around. Dom was hungry and decided he was going to look for food while she stayed hidden. He got up, and motioned for her to stay put and stay as silent as she could. He walked over to the next shelf, and found that it was jarred peaches. He took four jars from the shelf, and moved onto the next shelf. On this shelf, jarred...it looked like... body parts. Dom ran back to Kristen, handing her two jars of peaches, taking her hand, closing his eyes, and as quietly as possible, explained to him what he has just saw.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/7/2011, 1:31 am

Kristen couldn't help but feel safe with Dom being so immediately protective of her. Any other girl might have thought it was pushy but she liked the sturdy feeling. He gripped her hand tightly which emphesised the point to her. She smiled following him to this farm house and was in awe when he broke open the basement. When he'd told her to wait somewhere to hide Kristen didn't even object. It was just so right. As she watched him collect items her eyes scanned the room and it took all of her restraint not to scream or make a face at the horror in those jars. She chose instead to act like she hadn't when he pulled her out of there and told her about it. After that shaking with all the thoughts that were coming to her mind was difficult to get a handle on. She'd paled enough the be see through and as though they'd know each other forever held onto his body for comfort as they walked. "We need to get far from here. This place is..weird" she stated flatly. "Did you happen to notice any markings of what state we're in..or what country?" It wouldn't surprise her if the answer baffled her if he had it.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 6/7/2011, 1:37 am

"i....i dont know." He looked on the jar of the peaches and blew the dust off of the lid, and jar. it was a symbol he never saw before. He shoed Kristen the jar, and hoped that she would be able to make something of it. "So... i think i wanna be with you. I mean i know we just met and all but i think we got picked for a reason." When he spoke, he didnt look at her, he only looked ahead of him, and up at the sky, he pulled her back behind the barn, and then let her have time to think, and tell him if she knew anything about the jars. He was thinking of a plan the entire time, but didnt know if she would be up to it. There were alot of things she didnt know about him, and when he looked down at his palms, they still seemed to be glowing. He clenched his fists and whispered, "Not now... please not now."
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/7/2011, 1:49 am

Kristen took the jar and was looking at it while she was absentmindedly listening to him talk at the same time. Abruptly her full attention was brought out when he asked her to not only be with him but..'be with him.' In her young life she'd only dated one or two guys and any of them were as boring as ever. Dominic was different. Something about him called to her core of being and she could neither explain it or rationalize it. "I think that you might be right about a lot of that Dominic," she said looking down shyly. " I want to be with you too." That moment felt right to her. This guy seemed great although by her thoughts something about him was really different. As Kristen was looking down she noticed Dominic's hands glowing. It was extraordinary." Is that a new trick or something you've had all the while?" she said trying to be lighthearted, covering up her nervous curiousity as to whether she has some counterpart ability.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 6/7/2011, 2:01 am

When he heard he talk about his hands, he sighed, " well... its nothing new really. i dont know what it is actually. they just glow when my emotions change never really get mad... but when i do... i get i dont know. Stronger?" He looked at her and smiled. "Ya know, your really special. I dont know what it is about you, but you know me already and you just met me." His head snapped up, and he heard somebody coming. They were to loud. He took her hand, standing her up, picked her up, and ran with her, ran until he thought hee was safe, for some reason, his speed had increased. Atleast he thought so. It seemed like he had been running for only a few seconds, but when he turned around to see how far from the barn he was, actually miles away. He put her down, softly ran his hand down her face to her chin, pulled her into him, and kissed her, long, and full of passion. He didnt know why, but he felt like he should, and he did.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/7/2011, 2:17 am

Kristen felt like she was in a whirlwind. She's swept of her feet into Dominic's arms and in seconds they've gone far. It was a very handy trick. She'd just gotten her breathing normal from that excitement when she felt Dominic's hand on her cheek and she completely relaxed body and soul looking up at him. He leaned in to kiss her and instead of stopping him or even protesting in the slightest,she kissed him back matching his passion with equal parts innocence and curiousity. Nothing about this felt rushed. It just happened. She lingered close to him after that looking up at him, his eyes pools of lava it almost seemed like. "You're a very peculiar person, Dominic, and i don't know what it is about you that makes me act so different but thats the fact of it." she half whispered reaching a hand up to touch his face softly. A few peaceful moments went by and since for the time being they were out of harms way Kristen didnt mind just standing there enjoying the company of someone who for once cared. It was a stark difference to anyone except her dad that she'd met before. How could she even convince herself this was a dangerous and scary adventure. "What was your life like, you know before now?" she asked.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 6/8/2011, 11:44 pm

Shit.... she noticed. That was what went through his head. He quickly stood up, and asked about the jar to take her mind off of his palms. He took her hand, and continues walking. He asked, "So.... about that jar anything you recognize? Or should i just ya know... look into the past and see what happened. Ya know because im a super hero." He laughed at the end of this, shaking his head, and picked her up putting her on his back and he ran. He ran for atleast an hour straight, making way from the barn, but the farther he got, the stronger he seemed to feel. He felt like.... like he couldnt control himself now though. Like something inside of him was taking over and he didnt know what it was. He didnt like it, and decided before she noticed, to make a U-turn and stay only a few hundred yards, just out of eye sight from the barn, and the farm house. He didnt want to leave without finding what was in those jars anyways.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/9/2011, 12:03 am

Kristen wasn't oblivious. Dominic was taking her in a big circle. They were almost exactly where they were hours ago. She stood on the ground quite irritated and more than a little paranoid that things were a set up. " Dominic why are we back here and what's with the superhero deal? I may not be as fast as you but even though I trust you I'd like to walk on my own until i collapse and..." The more she talked the more weirdly angery she became. It was unusual for her to get angry and oddly as she went around her nature seemed to listen to her and take cues from the emotion. The sky grew to be an intense dark black color with clouds where it had been a wonderful sunny blue only minutes before. The wind was picking up too. It frightened her so much she wanted to be calm just to prove to herself what she hoped wasn't true. Stopping mid sentence she looked up and said it outloud in a hushed voice. " I can control the weather". She dropped to her knees sitting on the ground trying both to calm down and come to terms with all of this. "Dominic..why are we back here? I'm scared. This can't be real. We need to leave."
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 6/9/2011, 1:46 am

"Look i avoided the question about my life for a reason Kristen.... its because your around me. The farther i am from this place, the stronger our powers are....i dont even want these powers. i only use the speed for escaping thats all i want." i looked at her, and then i left her there. she wants to walk, she can, i took off for the farm house, i busted through the door, walked up to the farmers wife, used my speed, to grab a knife and smash it through the her throat before she could even let a scream escape. i smashed through the basement door, flicked the light on, and from what i saw, my eyes grew tenfold, i took off again, this time, there were....bodies, hanging from the pipes in the basement. I took off, i saw a man on a tractor in the field. i still had to to escape. He saw me. He looked at me, he saw me. The tractor seemed to triple its speed, it was coming at me. I ran, i couldnt find Kristen anywhere, i didnt care right now. i wasnt going to be one of those bodies. I ran into the woods and i hid.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/9/2011, 1:58 am

Kristen didn't need to see the tractor to know to start running. Dominic had raised attention to us. Only this morning I thought we were going to escape together. I knew he could run if he needed to, faster then me so I took off running for the opposite fields. Here i crouched down in the middle of the wheat hoping the farmer wouldn't come this far, wouldn't see that Kristen had returned with Dominic. She hoped Dominic was safer then her since now she knew her assumption this field was safer was wrong as the distinct noise of a John Deere was plowing toward her at full speed. Her fear did the same that her anger did. The weather seemed to respond to her and as the sky turned green it started pouring rain in bucketloads. The wind howled loudly and amazingly the farmer turned back for his farm and ran inside the house. What he found there would probably set him back outside the moment the rain let up but she couldn't move. The cold to the bone feeling this land brought in her was only magnified by the fact she was soaking wet. She needed to wait for Dominic. Leaving without him wasn't an option to her.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 6/9/2011, 2:05 am

Dominic saw the rain clouds, and where they formed. He wanted nothing but to leave Kristen where she was, but knew that he couldnt. They came into it together, and they were leaving together. He took off full speed, he jumped into the air, he flew towards her, his hands shot out to his sides, and the beams of light morphed his arms into a type of wing made of only skin. he found her, scooped her up, and made way for the forest. He landed in a tree, and put her on a higher one. He flew back out to the farm house, and landed on the roof. he crashed through the top, and wrecked the top two floors, and the farmer came dashing up the stairs. He saw him again. This time, he had a gun. He aimed, BLAM ....missed. aimed again, BLAM BLAM BLAM. missed. missed. hit.... he hit Dom in the lower calf as he took off out of the house. He made way back to the tree Kristen was in, sure that he left a blood trail, picked her up, and flew above the trees to find a safe haven to let his leg heal.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear on 6/9/2011, 11:18 am

Kristen waited until she was no longer moving to open her eyes. She was figuring out that it was safer and easier when she wasn't watching the ground move. Slowly she opened them to the sight of Dominic bleeding from his leg. It didn't matter that she was pissed off at him or that he'd left her there to be kidnapped once again. All at once she knew what to do, taking out the strip of material she'd used for his head and wrapped it above the wound to slow the bleeding. Then she looked up to try to meet his eyes as she spoke. "Look, I don't know what came over me when I snapped at you earlier. I don't usually lose me temper so violently and I think whatevers happened to me affected my moods so I'm..sorry." She looked away toward the setting sun then. The moment the turmoil around them was over and Kristen had relaxed of course so did the weather. Dominic wasn't changed like her, it seemed he'd been like this before and as if she was designed to be near him. She couldn't force herself to look at him again or say another word as He'd still left her alone.
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion on 8/14/2011, 10:58 pm

Dom walked back over to her and took her face in his hands kissing her hard. "It...its fine" he said as he pulled a way, now holding her hand and walking through the woods again but with a limp due to the injury. "Hold on." he told her as the wings grew back again and she was on his back now as they flew up to the highest point of the forest. Black Mountain. It had been years since Dom had even heard of this place, and now it was coming to him, he knew where he was, he was in the place that he first discovered his powers, the only place the existed, they were trapped here, maybe forever. They were in a country known as Irolind. It was a place that nightmares came true. This was a time where Dom and Kristen where both having a nightmare they werent waking up from until they finally killed the farmer and got to a happy place. Then, theyd meet and be together. Irolind was a place that set people together and brought them together, it was a place of tranquility....If you outlive the nightmare that is. Once at the mountain top, Dominic looked Kristen in the eyes and said softly. "I love you, and i know we are meant to be...We've reached Irolind. The country of Nightmares.
Rion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top