When Authors Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ergonia: The Beginning

+3
Elrich
Angel
Maretothebear
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ergonia: The Beginning - Page 2 Empty Re: Ergonia: The Beginning

Post  Angel 3/27/2012, 9:24 pm

It was high noon when Vex came across the divide. The divide was a simple but busy village, each path to all four directions was decorated with tricks of their trade. As she traveled along the path from the east, she noticed a few herb carts, A few meat markets and a large water supply. Keeping her head low in case anyone from her village should spot her, she quickened her pace to get away from the East path. Once she arrived at the center, she pulled back her hood, letting her ruby hair flow over her shoulders.

This was it. The moment she'd been dreading. Which path should she take, and what would they each lead. Noticing a bench shaded by a tall oak tree, Vex sat, looking toward the sky. Now that she was here, it became abundant to her how difficult this choice would be. Each land could hold great adventure for her, but which would be best. " Father always said.. Wait for a sign to guide you when you're feeling lost.. " She whispered to herself. As a sweet smile swept across her lips, she relaxed her body on the bench with her satchel at her feet and her staff across her lap. She knew it wasn't the most practical idea, but something would come along to her.
Angel
Angel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elrich 3/27/2012, 10:11 pm

Rich ended his descent of the spiral stairs, seeing his mother and father at the dining table, looking up from a quiet conversation that they had been having among themselves. He was slightly curious about was they had been discussing so privately, and as to why they had decided to end the discussion the moment he had appeared, but he moved on. If I am to know as to what they speak about, they will let me know. He took his seat at the table, looking down to his plate of fresh deer meat, cheese, and an assortment of vegetables, and thanked his parents quietly before beginning to dine. Still, Rich noted how different they were acting, as if they seemed anxious to begin a discussion with him in the room. He tried to let the feeling disappear, but eventually it overcame his manners, and he spoke. "Mother, Father, does something bother you?" His father smiled. "You know us too well, my son. It is simply that your mother and I have noticed for a while now that you are not content with village life. We only wish to see you happy, Ryshar." Rich straightened a bit in his chair. His father only used his proper name a select amount of times.

"Father, it isn't that I am not content with village life, it is just that I feel... trapped, in a sense. As much as I love the snowy hills, and the evergreens of the forest, I yearn to visit other lands. Perhaps the desert in the South? There is just so much of the world to be explored, and I wish to see as much of it as possible." Rich waited, anxious to see how his parents may react. He didn't know too many Snow Elves that left their villages, but he had heard of the occasional adventurer, and he knew that he was destined to be one of them. He simply wanted the blessing of his parents as well. His mother then rose from her spot at the table, walking into the room that her and Rich's father shared, coming back into view with a traveling pack in her hands. She then set it down next to the doorway, and glided back across the room towards Rich, placing one hand on his cheek. "My son, we have noticed this about you for a while. And we believe that you are skilled enough to traverse the world, and that you are wise enough to keep out of trouble." A more stern look came across her face, and she bent down closer to Rich's face. "But, should word come to town that you are in trouble, not only will you be returning to the village, you shall never leave my sight again." Rich kept her intense gaze for a moment, and then looked away. He knew that his mother was being completely serious about her threat as well. Her expression then softened. "I know you will be wise in your decisions, Rich. That I have no doubt about."

Rich rose from his chair, his excitement could barely be contained. He swiftly walked over towards the chair that his hood rested upon, and he slipped it on. He then opened a small closet, grabbing his short curved blade and its sheath from within, attaching them to his belt. "Mother, Father, you make me the happiest son in the world. With your blessing, I would like to depart immediately. He ran his arms through the pack, adjusting it into a comfortable position upon his back, as his father rose to stand in front of him. "You have my blessing, my son." Rich and his father both smiled. "But, do not be afraid to check in every once in a while, a mother always has her worries," his mother quickly added. Rich nodded, bringing the hood up to cover his hair once again, and bowed. "Goodbye Mother, goodbye Father. I shall remember to keep up with my training, and I shall keep my body strong, and my mind sharp." With that, he slipped out the doorway, barely able to keep himself from sprinting as he departed from the village.

Rich traveled for a few hours on the road leading South before making camp beside the road. Overall, the roads in the North were safe to travel, and he was more than capable of fending off any wild animals or a thief should the need arise. After lighting a fire, Rich found his eyelids heavy. He leaned against a tree trunk, covered himself with a blanket, and within minutes found himself asleep.

Elrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Apollo 3/27/2012, 10:34 pm

Roxas's speed seem to help him travel as he head towards the divide. He saw it on his map as he ran to the village. His nose had lock on a scent different from his, which led his way to the person or thing. He hope they would be the first person he met outside of his village and maybe seem nice. But if it happen he was armed and ready like his Father told him before " Watch your back at any costs, hold your trust with specific people...and for the love of the Great Lycan in the sky...don't. speak. to. a. Drow." He remember the words of his father even he didn't understand his father's reason with the Drow.

He suddenly made it to the forest, running down a path with his speed. He suddenly realize the scent and stop mid way in his tracks. He pant as he finally stop and slightly looks over at a bench, seeing a woman sit on it. His vision begins to go blur as he falls forward from exhaustion, breathing heavily. He finally met someone outside of his race and Thank the Great Lycan in the sky she wasn't a drow.
Apollo
Apollo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear 3/27/2012, 10:37 pm

Chrystiana shook her head and laughed. “Calm yourself. You know from your training if I wanted to kill you, you’d be dead.” She said and continued circling him casually. He was larger than her by a bit and definitely stronger. She knew that the village folk wouldn’t venture this high into the woods to investigate where their drow had gone. They would sooner be happy to be rid of it. “A few things for your information so listen carefully. One, nobody is hunting you, two, I won’t kill you, three, this land is peaceful don’t be killing anyone smart ass, and four, if I cut you don’t you don’t take off without fixing your wounds and thanking the healer.” She said annoyed by his panic. She didn’t want to get killed by this drow simply for helping him but something in her could never let a creature even one as evil and rude as him go bleeding into the woods. He’d pull the deadlier of animals in closer to the village. That wasn’t something she’d allow. “Do we have an agreement drow, or do I cut your head off and present it as candle wax?”
Maretothebear
Maretothebear
Admin

https://whenauthorscollide.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam 3/27/2012, 10:45 pm

Ether stopped struggling and stared at the strange creature, from his lessons back in the Underdark she looked like a fairy, though the books made them seem much smaller so he wasn't entirely certain, he heard her proprosal and growled slightly in annoyance at her but knew he had no other options, so with a sigh he flexed his wrist in a a coordinated action and the blade slid back into the hidden bracer and he looked back, blurry eyed toward the girl. "Fine, but after I'm fully bandaged and rested a bit I need to leave, I have....other things to do." He told her, this was the first village he came by since escaping the tunnels, he didn't want to lure dark elf to this village, he didn't want to endanger people who had helped him either, even if he suspected they had other reasons in mind for tending to his wounds. Looking back down, he felt the gash on his chest throbbing, he knew that was his natural pure drow blood, it carried alot more oxygen to different places and was faster, allowing him and other drow to heal quicker than normal creatures but that didn't save him from infection either, so he decided it'd be better to stay inside away from outside bacteria. "Is that acceptable....please?" He asked of her, looking back at her away from his wound.
Etherlam
Etherlam
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel 3/27/2012, 11:01 pm

Vex's eyes turned quickly toward the noise. Seeing the large man fall forward out of exhaustion, Vex's natural caring instincts took over. She instantly, moved the staff to the ground and ran over beside the man, kneeling at his side, she put her hand on his shoulder " Are you alright? " She said in a silken voice. Her soft yellow eyes, watching him carefully. She knew running up to strangers was dangerous, but she would never deny someone help if they needed it. By how fast he was moving, he was bound to be exhausted. Taking a quick glance around, Vex pulled him up slowly, letting him lean on her shoulder even though he was much taller and heavier than her, moving as quickly as she could, she places him onto the bench so that he could rest instead of lying in the middle of the road. Quickly thinking, Vex reached into her bag and pulled out her canteen, she than slowly held it out to him, watching him carefully for any sudden movements.
Angel
Angel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apollo 3/27/2012, 11:39 pm

Roxas came to a bit as he saw the face of the woman who offer him a gulp of her water. He took it slightly and gulp some of her water down his dry throat. He lift up his head as he look to her. "Thank you for saving my life." He pant slightly regaining his strength and energy back slowly. He stood up and look slightly over the girl. He bow his head as his nose had her scent in it. He look cautiously at the girl. He saw no weapons on her, looking as if she wasn't a threat. He relax and extend his hand to the girl," I'm Roxas. Again I thank you for helping me getting my energy." He smile a bit and look at his map. "Excuse me but you wouldn't know how to get to the divine, would you?" He look at the girl, trying to see if she would response to his question for being the first person he ever met really excited him. He was curious about her race from how her skin was different from his people and friends in his village. An outsider, travel nomad was this boy.
Apollo
Apollo

Back to top Go down

Post  Damon 3/27/2012, 11:46 pm

Cliff of Dunes
Ergonia: The Beginning - Page 2 Booming-dunes-badain-desert.491.large_slideshow

In the quick time Rasgard and Yacun made walking to the cliff, they soon arrived at the very top. Yacun's eyes was focused on the person before him. Two swords hung at his right side, both within their sheathes. A slight breeze moved through the area as if nature was sighing, Rasgard finally breaking the silence. "Yacun, it is imperative that you do well. I have taught many before you that trained in the Cliff of Dunes. Most have failed before me, Yacun...Do not be a failure." Rasgard spoke, a stern tone in his voice. Yacun knew what he needed to do and he stepped forward, taking a few steps before the person, who had his back to both of them, turned around, his black, short hair flowing in the wind, his cold eyes finally opening to stare at Yacun and then at Rasgard. "So...I must accompany this student of yours, Rasgard?" the person said, his voice sounding as if he was a person conceived with no emotion.

"Borgun, you are one of the few who passed my training and then went on to be the exalted Prowler of our village. Yacun may be a student of mine, but I will say that he is slowly improving." responded Rasgard. Yacun kept his eyes on Borgun, watching his careful movements. Borgun, after letting out a slight scoff, reached down to his one of his swords and unsheathed it, throwing the sword up before him and catching the tip of it, the handle being held out to Yacun in a way to challenge him. "Make no mistake, Yacun...I'll capitalize on everything."

Yacun walked forward, grabbing onto the sword, his eyes set upon his reflection in the shining metal. He then brought the sword down, holding it forward with both of his hands as Borgun began circling around him, his eyes pinpointing any flaws in Yacun's stance.
Damon
Damon

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear 3/28/2012, 12:00 am

Chrystiana looked at him with a serious expression and nodded before actually replying. “Good, now I hope you have good reflexes to flip onto your feet because when I cut you down, you’ll have to stop yourself from getting hurt and ripping every last stitch out.” She spoke to him as she rose up to the branch securing the rope trap. “My name is Chystiana by the way.” She continued, unsure if he cared but she’d be able to watch him suffer back down the hill so he might as well be able to label the laugher. The rope was thick yet easy to cut by someone who knew how to set the trap, which she did. First she cut his hands loose so he could help with lowering himself. Then she cut his foot loose, giving him only his own ability to hit the ground. “Come on, theres a hill and I’m not strong enough to help you get down it slick, so I hope you can walk.” She said, her sarcastic, playful tone returning to her as she sauntered off at a leisurely pace, keeping an eye on him from the corner of her eye. She guessed she’d be going to practice her archery later. Some part of her didn’t actually care.
Maretothebear
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel 3/28/2012, 12:08 am

" You're welcome" She said in a kind tone, standing before the man, she laughed gently at his question. " This is the divide. " She said kindly. Nodding to him, she glanced around once more. " I've been here for a short while, trying to decide which way to head. All I know is that I'm not going back home..." She said softly. She than shook her head, snapping herself out of her dream like state and looked up to the man. " Where are my manners, I'm Vexina, but everyone calls me Vex. If you don't mind me asking, why were you running all the way here? " She asked gently, tilting her head to one side as she laced her fingers together in front of her. Vex always had a sweet disposition, and her white dress, calming yellow eyes and rose red hair added to that effect. Not only did she stay calm in situations herself, but she had a calming effect on others as well. Looking around again, Vex turned her attention back to the man while watching her shadow creep from the corner of her eye. She knew she didn't have long until sunset. She would need to find a place to rest, or continue walking and set up a camp once she picked her path.
Angel
Angel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam 3/28/2012, 12:11 am

Catching himself on his hands he flipped the rest of the way over, the manuver sending a shock of pain through his chest and he gritted his teeth, he wouldn't give this small creature the benefit of seeing him in pain. Standing back up straight, refusing to bend even the slightest he walked carefully down the hill, the last thing he wanted to do was lose his footing and tear open his chest again, he didnt know how much more he could take though, every step caused pain but he kept quiet, biting his tongue, he'd rest for only a bit and then go on. As much as he was annoyed with this creature he would not resort to the ways of his kin, they would not have ehsitated to stick a blade through her. He pushed such thoughts aside, "Then, you shall address me as Etherlam, Chrystiana." He said, giving a sigh of relief when they reached the bottom of the hill, but he would have to wait on her to navigate seeing as how he didn't know the area so well, but he was already memorizing each detail as he had been trained to do. "Hmm... I guess such small creatures such as yourselves would have to stick in larger groups..give yourselves a bit more bark I suppose." He commented loudly, giving a slight smirk.
Etherlam
Etherlam
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Elrich 3/28/2012, 12:37 am

After a few hours of rest, Rich slowly opened his eyes. It took him a moment to remember where he was, but once he did, a great smile formed on his face. I am really out here, beginning my adventure. How joyous. Rich packed his blanket back into his pack, slung the pack back over his shoulder, and threw some snow over the dying fire. He yawned and stretched his legs out, feeling a bit stiff from sleeping up against a tree, but then continued his trek south, towards the Great Divide.

Travelling alone gave Rich a lot of time to let his imagination run wild. Many questions came to mind: What kind of people did other lands hold? Would I find a companion to travel along with? Would there be treasures to find, beasts to slay, people to save? After these thoughts, Rich shook his head. I must stay focused and disciplined. I cannot get overly excited, that is how one ends up in an undesirable situation. Even still, these thoughts continued to torment him, and he couldn't help but think of the fantastic world that was before him now.

Luckily for Rich, the village that he called home wasn't too deep into the Northern Region, so at the pace he was travelling, he would reach the Great Divide within a matter of days. But, that just wouldn't do for Rich; he was ready to leave the snow behind for a while. He had decided that he would go South, and explore the deserts. With that thought in mind, Rich began to sprint at his full speed. He had spent many of his years training with other Snow Elves, and in turn, Rich was well-conditioned and could keep a steady pace for hours. Rich also decided to expend a bit of his magical energy to make him run faster. He knew by sundown that he would be both physically and magically exhausted, but he was enjoying the freedom so much that he didn't have a care in the world at the moment. He watched out of the corner of his eye as he flew past trees, the great trees appearing nothing more than a blur of green to him. After a while, he began to notice that the snow was beginning to disappear, and green patches of grass began to shoot out of the snow, signalling that he was getting closer to the Great Divide.

It was about mid-afternoon that Rich decided to slow down a bit, and take a break for lunch. He reached into his pack, finding a piece of the cheese that his mother had packed for him, and wolfed it down. He chuckled to himself after he finished. "I didn't realize that I was this hungry. I must be more careful and pay closer attention to my body, else I end up starving to death before this adventure truly gets underway." Rich decided that it was best to walk at a normal pace for now, conserving his energy should an unexpected foe appear. He passed the time observing the plant life around him, which was already different than the plants he found back in his village. He noted also the increase in temperature, and he even began to sweat a bit. Being so accustomed to the harsh winds and freezing storms of the snowy North, he wondered to himself how he would possibly handle the blistering heat of the Southern Desert, once he arrived there.

Elrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Damon 3/28/2012, 8:33 pm

Yacun kept his eyes on Borgun, ready for his attack. Just then, off to the corner of Yacun's eye, Borgun swiftly came at him, the tip of his sword aimed to pierce his sides. Acting purely on the memory of his training, Yacun jumped off to his left, swinging the new sword upwards to meet Borgun's sword, the two metals bathing sparks between them. With a sudden change of movements, Borgun spun on the balls of his feet, running the tip of his sword across the sand, creating a blanket of dust that was really starting to bother Yacun's eyes. Yacun's nose flared as he found it a little difficult to breath in the dust, but before he could even make an attempt to back himself out of it, Borgun came to his corner, bringing his sword downwards in an attempt to slash Yacun's arm. But before Borgun's eyes could see blood, Yacun's keen ears heard the sound of Borgun's feet in the sand, clearly giving away his surprise attack. Again both of them met at the swords, Yacun then quickly moving backwards from the slowly settling dust cloud.

Rasgard stood from a small distance, watching Yacun carefully and thinking to himself. He remembered to use his senses during battle. And his movements aren't bad. He still needs to learn to go on the offensive. "He's not bad, Rasgard," Borgun remarked. He walked towards Yacun who now lowered himself, scanning Borgun for any weaknesses. "Although," Borgun paused, grinning slyly at Yacun. "He makes his strategy too obvious." Right then and there Yacun launched himself at Borgun once he was within range for a simple sword attack. In response, Borgun came at Yacun, their swords meeting again but with Borgun pushing Yacun with just his sword, causing the young Tigran to fall backwards onto his back to later be met face-to-face with the tip of Borgun's sword.

"This small match is over." Borgun smiled, bringing his sword back and forcing it into the sand to help Yacun get to his feet. "The Cliff of Dunes has always started out with a small match to determine the trainer's skills. The entire training session on this cliff won't be over until a couple of days passed. Before I even take you anywhere, Rasgard and I will train you to be ready for surprise attacks." Yacun stared at Borgun, trying to understand what just transpired. "That is right, Yacun. I told you we were coming here, but I did not tell you what exactly we would do here," Rasgard piped up. "It is the afternoon, Yacun. Let us eat and then train once our food has digested." Yacun nodded his head as Borgun turned around to walk towards a small, black sack. Outside of it there were two pockets, one containing a rather large metal canteen while the other contained a medium-sized book, its front cover baring a claw mark.
Damon
Damon

Back to top Go down

Post  Apollo 3/29/2012, 12:34 am

He relax a bit and look at her,very glad that he made it to the Divide . He pant slightly as she asked the question about him running all the way in. He chuckle and rub the back of his head. "Well believe it or not. I caught your scent from the winds. It blow in my face like a feather." He chuckle again, looking at the girl named Vex. " I'm just a new guy traveling from my village to finally explore the different land." He smile and look up into the sky as he notice the sun was setting down and quickly coming into night. He look back at Vex and asked," Why are you all alone? Are you traveling as well?" He waited for her answer as he let a low-soft whimper being hungry as his stomach growl at him. He couldn't help but growl back at it but discreetly. It was time to hunt but this girl might need some help with something before he needed to feed.
Apollo
Apollo

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel 3/29/2012, 9:37 pm

" Well I guess you could put it that way. " She said with a soft laugh and a gentle smile. " I guess I am a traveler of sorts, but my only companion so far is the sun and the road under my feet" She spoke gently with a nod. " So where did you come from? " She tilted her head gently, looking to the large man as she sat on the bench. Crossing her legs, she reached down, picking up her satchel and staff, letting the satchel on her lap and leaning the staff against the bench. " Clearly you were trying to get away from something. " She said a bit curiously, looking over to the man as she searched her pack for the apple she had packed the night before. " I won't hurt you by the way, I'm a sun elf. Nothing deadly about me. " She said with a soft giggle, covering her lips with her hand.
Angel
Angel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apollo 3/29/2012, 10:11 pm

He chuckle and sat right beside her. "Well I'm from the North. I wasn't running away except if a few wild beasts count. " He laugh and smile at her. He look at her and listened to her words and soft giggle. It put him at ease with his mind. " I see that you're alone as well. May I ask I can accompany you since I hardly know about this land beside the North." He rubbed the back of his head and smile sheepishly. He wish he could see his father, he would be so proud of him and how he was holding up so far. I heard of what she was. A sun elf. Very interesting from him to heard being a lycan and all.
Apollo
Apollo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pigs 3/29/2012, 10:57 pm

Waking to the smell of blood, the lion opened one eye lazily and looked around. Lifting his heavy head and licking his front right paw, he stood up and noticed that Esther must have gotten up before he because she had a fire going just inside of the cave. He slinked up to it and found the small girl roasting a rather plump creature. He identified it as a snow hare and licked his chops.

"Ah, Bugel," she said perkily. "Just in time for some breakfast." He dipped his head and lied down near the fire. She was sewing the rabbit hide with tough, stringy muscle string and a wooden needle she had made while he was asleep. Esther held it up and frowned. The design must've been wrong because she began to slowly undo all the bindings. Bugel was hungry and grunted.

"Hold your damn horses, you big pig." She snarled lightly and playfully. The small girl started to re-sew the hide and she made slits in places so she could get the curves exactly the way she wanted them to be.
At about ten minutes later, she looked at the lion, and he looked at her.

"What," She said, in a demanding sentence rather than the questioning one he expected. Bugel shook his head and lied it back down on his basketball sized paws. Esther took the rabbit off of the fire and sliced it into two small portions and one large portion. Bugel made for the larger piece of meat, but Esther pushed his head away. She took the meat and wrapped it in cloth. Crawling outside of the cave, she buried it and ate her portion. Feeling still hungry, Bugel let out a growly whine and the girl looked at him.

"Oh fine, you pig," She finally said. He jumped to his feet and unburied the meat from the icy snow. Ripping the cloth off; he ate the whole thing in one bite. Bugel shook his mane in delight and noticed that Esther had covered the fire with snow and was now making her way towards him. Bowing down, the lion let the fragile and lightweight girl jump onto his back. She make a clicking sound and he began to run, feeling the tug on the right or left side of his mane every now-and-then to tell him to turn left or right.
Coming acros a less snowy section, Esther knew where they were headed. She knew it by the scents and sights. Coming up to a cliff-type part of the landscape, the lion and the girl looked over into a velley. They had came upon the Great Divide.

"Onwards, Bugel," She shouted. The great beast started to gallop down the side of the hill, breath showing in the air, paws thumping on the ground. Esther rode on his back, clutching onto the mane and not even seated on the snowy white back anymore. She was helping him run and they were padding up to the village within twenty minutes after starting down the hill.
Pigs
Pigs

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear 4/1/2012, 3:35 pm

Chrystiana turned around and half walked backwards half flew backward as she stared at him with an amused expression. "This coming from a man whose race lives underground away from the horrible evil surface creatures that we are," she giggled slightly. "and by the way, fairies, the race I'm apart of, are actually quite selfish and lethal even to each other should the need arise. We live in groups, but only because tradition and family actually mean something to most of us." She continued and then rolled her eyes as they came into view of the house where the healer lived. She waited for him to lumber along to the door and opened it. "Hey, look who I found just hanging around in a bear trap. His name is Etherlam. He'll fix whatever he broke in exchange for you redoing all that work." she spoke to the healer who was a wood elf. "Etherlam, don't act like such a savage this time, nobody really cares enough to hurt you." she told him and sat down at the kitchen table folding bandages.
Maretothebear
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam 4/2/2012, 5:08 pm

Ether growled slightly under his breath, he can't believe he had to deal with this, first time on the surface and he could already tell it was going to be a hassle for him. "You fairys have it easy then.. my kin kill eachother to move up in rank, entire familys slaughtered, sometimes even family is sacerficed.." He said the last part without as much convintion, thinking for a while, remembering that night before letting the healer lead him into the room and began fixing up the stitches. Etherlam thought a while to himself, he knew he couldn't just leave yet no matter how badly he wanted to, it wouldn't make for a good first impression, he didn't want to leave with the titale of his kin, he figured the least he could do was fix what he ruined in this medical building and help fix things that he ran into on his run through the town, drow don't leave the Underdark unless its night and they never come this far out, so he could also just keep watch during the night for the few days he might stay.
Etherlam
Etherlam
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Damon 4/5/2012, 12:01 pm

"So Rasgard trained you?" asked Yacun who was now sitting down on the hot sand. Borgun picked up his canteen and handed it over to Yacun, letting him get a drink before taking it back to get some to drink, too. Borgun looked at Yacun before looking off to view the sand dunes. "Yes, it was many, many years ago. I was just like you and I trained here." Borgun looked back at Yacun, slightly nodding his head to assure Yacun. Rasgard had walked over to eavesdrop on the conversation until finally piping in. "That is why I am very hard on you when it comes to your training, Yacun," Rasgard gave Yacun a serious stare before continuing. "If you pass this training, you will advance. If not then you will stay with the basics." Rasgard closed his eyes, thinking for a moment while Borgun eyed him. Shaking his head, Borgun stood up and walked over to the edge of the cliff, sitting down and letting his legs dangle over the edge. Yacun stared down at the sand, wondering how his sword was coming along.
Damon
Damon

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear 4/18/2012, 11:25 pm

Chrystiana walked into the room and stood next to the healer, helping him sort through bandages and things as he helped Etherlam. She glanced at him occasionally, more than a little curious as to what brought him this far out, especially after what he'd said. The healer finished quickly and without much other word only told him to stay still for a while and for Chrystiana to sit in the room to make sure of it for a while. After a few silent moments where she decided to clean up the room a bit she sat down a distance from the bed he was laying on and looked at him. "I don't understand you. You come from this hard and horrid place and yet somehow still you're afraid of creatures here, above ground. You ran out of here, cost that poor man some good supplies, all because of what you heard from people who you yourself would call evil?" She tilted her head to the side pondering. "You want to be given a chance, yet, you don't give us one." she continued and sighed tiredly. Later, she would be forced to copy down some manner of boring history when she got home. It was one of the reasons she really was in no hurry to leave.
Maretothebear
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam 5/2/2012, 5:59 pm

Etherlam glanced over at her from where he lay on the bed, raising an eyebrow. "How would you feel just waking up in a strange room and seeing creatures you've never seen before? They could be good or bad you'd never know, you're first instict is to survive, I had no way of knowing if you're kind are actually good, just as you have no way if I am actually evil." He explained to her before turning his head to look back up at the cieling, thinking of how persistant this fairy girl was being. "Besides if I am such a pain, why stay, I'm sure theres something else you have to do, unless of course you're staying because I am far more interesting and less boring than whatever you're learning about." He grinned slightly, folding his hands behind his head and crossing his legs so that he may be comfortable while he rested.
Etherlam
Etherlam
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear 5/2/2012, 6:20 pm

Chrystiana had to struggle not to respond in a way to make her seem guilty of being so interested. She took a deep breath and considered what he'd said. " Survival can sometimes depend on compliance and caution rather than barbaric running though if I found myself in drow territory I can't say I would sit still for any longer than you did. By the way, I know you're not evil so don't flex those powerful muscles for me." she resisted giggling. How he'd known that she should be studying right now was rather un-nerving. Did she really look that young to him or maybe it was something entirely based on her curiosity. She stood up and walked closer to the bed, crossing her arms and wearing a mock annoyed expression that she found hard to hold in place. " I'm sitting here because although you are indeed beginning to become a pain, you're hurt and sadly I find that hard to turn away from. Call it a weakness perhaps and actually yes you are more amusing than the punishment and lesson I'm escaping by being here." She looked out the window thinking about how she remembered her older brothers coming home from escaping some form of cloaked clan that had viciously wounded them. The thought pained her and so she rarely left the side of injured.
Maretothebear
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherlam 5/3/2012, 5:18 pm

Etherlam gave a yawn as he listened to her, he was more tired than he thought, he turned his head as she came closer, raising his eyebrow slightly in an arch, not paying much attention to anything else she said after this point. "If you're wandering how I knew about your studies, I've been in your place before, sitting down, reading books, having to pass exams. But as of now, such things are no burden to me, and shall not be from now on." He sat up, looking around for his jacket and cloak, hopping down from the bed. "Where is the rest of my stuff?" He asked out loud, wandering around the room as he looked, opening up cabinets and moving things around on shelves.
Etherlam
Etherlam
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Maretothebear 5/4/2012, 12:10 pm

Chrystiana turned and watched him rifle through cabinets she'd just finished organizing. He was so impatient it was almost humorous. Before she would answer his question she asked one of her own. "Where are you going? Whatever you're running from might come looking for you here and I'd rather know if I have to warn people or how to protect them." She started walking around the room cleaning things up again as she waited for his response, finally giving in to answer him. "Your belongings are under the bed and I knew you were finished with your studies, I will be done with books soon." She didn't add that she'd become sort of a menace in her field practice and was going to have to work longer than most if she remained that way.
Maretothebear
Maretothebear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum